I was thrilled to be invited to contribute to The 3 Good Podcast, hosted by Sukh Pabial. Sukh's podcast covers the themes of positive psychology, wellbeing, resilience, mental health and emotional intelligence.
In this episode, Sukh and I talked about optimism. The topics we covered included:
- What optimism is, and what it isn't
- How pessimism works, both against us, and in our favour
- A framework to identify excessive pessimistic behaviours
- How optimism can be overused
- The role of data and evidence when exploring optimism with leaders and teams
- Practical tips for working with optimism
Listen to the episode in full below, or via iTunes (other podcast providers are available):
If you're interested in finding out more about the Opportunity-Orientation Profile (QO2) mentioned in the show, visit www.tmsdi.com to discover more.
Other links discussed on the episode: