I was thrilled to be invited to contribute to The Three Good Podcast, hosted by Sukh Pabial. Sukh's podcast covers the themes of positive psychology, wellbeing, resilience, mental health and emotional intelligence.
In this episode, Sukh and I talked about optimism. The topics we covered included:
- What optimism is, and what it isn't
- How pessimism works, both against us, and in our favour
- A framework to identify excessive pessimistic behaviours
- How optimism can be overused
- The role of data and evidence when exploring optimism with leaders and teams
- Practical tips for working with optimism
Listen to the episode in full below, or via iTunes (other podcast providers are available):
If you're interested in finding out more about the Opportunity-Orientation Profile (QO2) mentioned in the show, visit www.tmsdi.com to discover more.
Other links discussed on the episode: